Footpath 4: Turn-by-turn voice navigation
Footpath’s newest 4.0 update allows users to follow their custom routes with turn-by-turn voice guidance on iPhone and Apple Watch.
Runners, walkers, and cyclists often demand complex workout routes that loop and turn back on themselves, and typical navigation apps designed for driving don’t support these types of custom routes. Additionally, the maps can be tremendous battery hogs, and automotive navigation apps are generally intended to be used while plugged in.
Footpath solves all of that, and it is designed from the ground up to handle the unique challenges of navigation for runners, cyclists, and pedestrians: custom routes, battery life, better audio cues, and offline support.
It’s the little things that add up for a great navigation experience. Footpath gives you a early heads up on the street or landmark where you’ll eventually turn next, so you don’t need to know how far 1000 feet is or feel anxious if you haven’t heard an instruction in a while. Footpath uses the compass and gyroscope in your device to keep track of your orientation, so even if you’ve turned around at an intersection or veered off route, Footpath will re-orient you in the right direction.
Not only is Footpath is the best app available for planning and navigating custom routes, Footpath is the first navigation app designed specifically for AirPods: just double-tap and Footpath will play your next cue.
Footpath makes it easy and fun to explore new places without the worry of getting lost.
- Workout tracker, meet turn-by-turn navigator: Footpath is a full-fledged GPS tracker, with turn-by-turn voice navigation baked right in. Mix up your routine and explore new places, and log your workout stats and trips all at the same time.
- Made for runners and cyclists: Footpath Navigator’s focused interface gives you all the information you need to navigate completely custom routes, and it’s dark mode dramatically extends the battery life on newer OLED devices to last through even the most epic adventures.
- Designed for AirPods: Double tap your AirPods, use the playback controls on any headphones, or double tap the screen and Footpath will remind you of your next turn or navigate you through a confusing intersection. The cues mix in with your music and podcasts, and pausing your music gives you a moment to focus on your next turn cue.
- Navigate solely by audio: Footpath’s audio announcements walk you through ambiguous intersections and junctions. Stay on route, even if you don’t have a screen or map in front of you.
- Works entirely offline: Save your route and cues ahead of time, and you’ll get full audio guidance even without cellular service. Use Footpath abroad or in the backcountry.
- Compatable with Apple Health: Footpath will save your routes and workout stats to Apple Health, so you can compete with friends and upload your activity to the fitness service of your choice.
- Send course files to GPS devices: Export turn guidance to TCX and FIT files, for turn-by-turn support on popular bike computers and running watches. Footpath can also import and export GPX files, the standard for fitness and navigation products.
- Save money on a GPS device: Footpath’s features rival those of $400+ cycling computers and GPS watches at a fraction of the price.
Give Footpath 4 and turn-by-turn navigation a try!