- User Guide
- Import & Export
- Exporting routes
Exporting to Garmin GPS devices Elite
How to export routes to Garmin GPS watches and cycling computers
Footpath can export a GPX route to any Garmin device that supports courses/navigation and can be paired via Bluetooth to the Garmin Connect app on iOS and Android.
- Garmin Forerunner 745, 945, 245, 645, 935, 735X, 920X
- Garmin Edge 830/530, Explore, 820/520, 1000, 25, 810/510
- Garmin Fenix
- Garmin Instinct
- Garmin Tactix
- Garmin Forerunner 45/45S, 35
- Garmin Venu
- Garmin Vivoactive
Export the route to Garmin Connect
- Tap the “Share” button in the upper right
- Select “Export…”
- Select “GPX Route”
- iOS: Find the “Copy to Connect” icon in the list of apps. You may need to swipe to the right and tap “More”
- Android: Select “Open with…” and select Garmin Connect.
- Garmin Connect will load your GPX route. Save your route in Garmin Connect.
Or, on a desktop (particularly for older devices that don’t support bluetooth):
- Visit connect.garmin.com
- Click “Training” > “Courses” in the left sidebar
- At the bottom of the courses list, look for the “Import” button under “Create a Course”.
- Upload your GPX route
Send a route to your Garmin device
- In the Garmin Connect app, tap the “More…” tab > Training > Courses
- Select your course and tap the “•••” menu at the top
- Select “Send to Device”.
Starting navigation on your Garmin device
- Start a new activity on your watch
- Hold the “Up/Menu” button on the left side of your watch until you see the settings menu, then scroll to “navigation”
- Select Courses > (Your course) > then select “Do Course”